Friday 3 August 2007

Hide the 944!!!

Well surprise surprise, after all those pennies to have Helens Boxster fixed, it started to play up again. You couldn't select second gear without it crunching, meaning everyone would look round and laugh at the girl in the Porsche who couldn't use the clutch properly. H spent the journey to work pointing towards the floorpan shouting 'it's not me, it's the gearbox!'. We took it back to Jaz and he apologised profusely but said it was going to take another week or more to fix.
"Courtesy car?"
"Er... No". Then one look at Helens face "er.. Well, actually you can have my 944". Oh joy.
Here it is then Steve's 944 in all its glory. I thought I'd take it to work one day - oh my god it's AWFUL!! Truly horrible! Don't get me wrong, for some reason I love the design of the car and the interior is great with its stubby 'Atari joystick' gear lever nestling in your hand and the faux aluminium two piece stereo system - it's everything else that RUINS the experience. A) Performance. It's the one car I've driven where I feel personally worthless knowing that chavster in his Halfords covered Vauxhall Nova would be able to beat me at the lights. B) Handling. This car doesn't just list round each corner like cheap Citroën 2CV, it also dips violently when you brake and jolts upward when you accelerate! The first time I pulled off, all I could see was the sky!!! Rubbish!

No comments: